A. Personal Information
editorr may need to collect personal, private, and/or sensitive information from Users’ usage/surfing data in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Website, register on our Website, place an order for product or services on our Website, subscribe to our blog or newsletter, or in relation to other activities, products, services, features, and/or resources that we make available with our Service (on demand proofreading and editorial services). Users may be asked for their name, gender, business name, phone number(s), e-mail address(es), mailing address(es), credit or debit card(s) information, and/or a security question.
editorr, LLC will collect personal, private, and/or sensitive information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply such information, but by refusing to offer such information, they may be prevented from registering an account or submitting written content for review on editorr's Website or mobile platform.
When you register as a User with editorr, the following personal information may be collected and stored in our database:
- Legal First and Last Name(s)
- Business Name (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address(es)
- Mailing Address(es)
- Credit/Debit Card(s) Information
As a User, you admit that you provide any personal, private, and sensitive information with your full and complete understanding, responsibility, and free will.
When applying to be an on demand editor for editorr, the LLC may require additional information pertaining to your:
- Relevant Work Experience and Job Title
- Educational Background
- Organizational Memberships and Associations
- Portfolio and Project History
- Geographical Location
- Projected Availability
B. Non-Personal Identification Information
editorr may need to collect non-personal identification information about its Users and editors whenever they interact through or with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include Users’ or editors’ web browser name, issuing company, and version, as well as their type of computer / device and means of connection to our Website or mobile platform [e.g., the operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP) name, and Internet Protocol (IP) address, etc.].
editorr may use "cookies" to augment its User experience through expeditious logins, saved preferences, and ease of access. Users’ web browsers may save cookies on their hard drives for record-keeping purposes and may track information about their webpage usage. Users may choose to enable or disable their web browsers’ ability to save (or not save) cookies, or to alert them when a website attempts to save cookies. If a User elects not to save cookies from our Website, some functionality of our Website may be compromised or limited.
D. Policy on Using Collected Personal Data
editorr may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To Improve Customer Service: Information you provide to our Website and mobile platform helps us respond to your customer support requests promptly and efficiently.
- To Generalize and Explain the User Experience: We may use your information in a cumulative way to analyze and understand how our Users (as a group) utilize the products, services, and resources made available on our Website and mobile platform.
- To Process Payments: We may use information Users provide about their credit and debit cards to effectively verify payment sources and process requested transactions. No purchases will ever be automated or processed without User action or consent.
- To Send Periodic E-Mails: We may use the e-mail address(es) provided by our Users to send them information and updates pertaining to their order(s) and account(s). Personal e-mail addresses may also be used to respond to Users’ questions, concerns, and / or other inquiries. From time to time, Users may also be notified of new, improved, or modified services, ensuring they remain informed of our existing features, offers, and capabilities.
E. Policy on Protection of Personal/Private/Sensitive Data
editorr has zero-tolerance for breaches of confidentiality while collecting, processing, storing, and using any personal, private, or sensitive data. An up-to-date software system has been implemented to protect our database against viruses, malware, Internet security risks, and other miscellaneous non-human threats. An elaborate plan categorically defining and limiting access to our database and employees ensures that any malicious and unauthorized access to personal, private, and / or sensitive data does not occur. Additionally, all financial data is encrypted during and after processing to safeguard our Users’ financial assets and maintain their long-term trust and loyalty.
F. Sharing Your Personal Information
editorr, LLC does not sell, trade, or rent users personal, private, or sensitive data to any other individual or entity. editorr, LLC may share generic aggregated demographic information (not linked to any personal identification information) regarding its visitors and Users with its business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the sole purpose(s) outlined above.
H. Your Acceptance Of These Terms
I. Contacting Us
J. Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
Last Edited on August 7, 2017